Tuesday 30 January 2007

ON THE SUNNY SIDE


Taken at the Golden Unicorn in N.Y.C for a Gourmet traveller story on Chinatown.

Posted by Olivier Lalin -

This post is for all my brides, present and future who appreciate some good old English sense of humor: I have just received this link to www.derekpyephotography.com from my dear friend Ben Rice in London who is also a photographer (my old boss back in my assisting days as a young man in London, a long time ago). He has this incredible dry yet witty sense of humor that I miss and so many people adore.

Anyways as the link alludes to; Derek is supposedly a wedding photographer based from London, who for the lack of a better explanation "really dislikes" weddings and has no love for this Art form. Derek Pye basically represents every bride's nightmare, when it comes to wedding photography. But if the stress from planning for one of the most important days in your life tries to overwhelm you, his website is a place to go to for laughs.

When I started shooting from NYC some 7 years ago, we were probably only 15 wedding " wedding photographers " very dedicated to our brides! Today you will find some 350 photographers to chose from with prices going from $1,500 to $25,000. But if you have a visual culture and understand a craftsman's work; in the long run it is well worth it, to hire someone with the professionalism and passion that I have.

Some people might consider me to be a high-end wedding photographer, but I can assure you that I have been performing my craft for the past 18 years, and you can count on delivery of the highest magnitude.

A good wedding photographer first has to understand the personality of not just the bride but also of family and friends, so as to know how to get them trusting and relaxing in his presence from the very beginning. Again, it is all about trust, there has to be a certain, “professional chemistry” involved.

Having said that I will give a 10% discount to any bride who’s the first to bring me back to London! Really, it is time I have a drink with my old pal Ben!
you can view Ben Rice's work at www.benrice.com

www.weddinglight.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

photographe © Olivier Lalin © photographer
view site at weddinglight.com